Before a Storm
- ALL sanitation services are suspended when a HurricaneWARNING is issued
- DoNOT put out bulk trash or yard waste when a HurricaneWATCH orWARNING is issued,
or when a hurricane is approaching the area.
- Properly trim and prune trees, shrubs and other plants
- Remove all dead trees, branches, tree limbs, palm fronds, or dead coconuts and put out for
pickupBEFORE hurricane season begins.
- Store carts and bins in a safe place out of high winds or tie them down securely
- Include large garbage bags with your emergency supply kit for waste disposal.
During a Storm
- ALL Sanitation services are suspended DURING a storm.
- Put all household waste in garbage bags for disposal and seal tightly to prevent unsanitary
- Be prepared to store waste in sealed garbage bags for several days.
- Do not forget to separate your recyclable items from your regular garbage.
- Stay tuned to local television and radio stations for updates regarding City of North Miami
After a Storm
- Be prepared for adjustments to sanitation schedulesAFTER a hurricane.
- Put all household, recycle and yard waste, in garbage bags for disposal until your regular
services resumes. Place all trash in an accessible area away fromPOWER LINES, fences, and
- Please adviseFP&L if there are any downPOWER LINES in your area.